My schooling in elementary school, middle school, and high school did not prepared me for the tech requirements of college. In elementary school, I was taught the basic Microsoft Office programs. I was not taught in depth how to use all of them. I do remember having to do this typing program to help student’s type faster and not look at the keyboard while typing. In middle school I was required to take a class that made presentations on the computer using the program PowerPoint. When I was in high school my teachers did not use a lot of technology in the classroom. I did take a Microsoft office class, which helped me learn all the programs that I could use in my everyday life. This was very helpful and I learned so much! This class was an elective class but I feel like it should be mandatory because it is very important for everyone to know how to use Microsoft Office. I would recommend teachers requiring their students to submit papers online and do online work for their classes.
I will most likely be going into the health field. I don’t know exactly what I would like do in this field yet, but I know for a fact that in the health field I will be working with computers on a daily basis. I know that I will have to learn the computer programs in a health building. I would really like to own my own practice or business one day. This may require me to design a website for my business. Whatever I decide to do, I will have to become computer literate to be successful at my job.
I feel like I write better in a more relaxed setting. When I am writing in a more relaxed setting I tend to write better because I am not constantly worrying about how good my writing is and what grade I’m going to receive. However when I write in a more relaxed setting such as blog or emails, I always want to make sure my writing has correct grammar and makes sense because there might be a big audience who will see my posts or emails.
If I were an English teacher I would try to keep my students as up to date with many new computer programs. I would definitely have my students keep a blog for themselves instead of a notebook to keep all of their journal entries in. I would also have them make use of websites, where they can submit their papers to me online instead of hard copies. Keeping students updated with the latest computer programs will help them in the future with new jobs.
The tone of the article is that technology is extremely important. I agree with the thesis that technology is rapidly growing and that students need to be taught how to use computers and technology at an early age. By the time they grow up, technology will be incorporated in every job available.
No comments:
Post a Comment